Monday, October 25, 2010

The Blue Ribbon Winners

Ever since I started riding when I was 9 years old, I slowly began to realize that horse riding is not just a sport, but a lifestyle. When you put your saddle back on the stand, your sport doesn't stop until your ready to practice again. Even when your equipment is put up, there is still a hard working horse that needs fed and a place to live. I fell in love with the horse owners lifestyle just as many others have. Some of the top horse trainers include Clinton Anderson, Bob Avila, Sherry Cervi, Charlie Cole, Al Dunning, Martha Josey, and Stacy Westfall.

Becoming a world champion horse trainer has taken these 8 trainers above dedication, determination and loyalty to the sport of riding. It is easy to give up on a horse, but it takes great skill to tame one. These trainers above are the people who inspire me to ride everyday, and to never give up on a difficult horse. These trainers are role models for young riders all over the world and I'd like to thank them for that.

One of my favorite quotes describes the dedication it takes to ride, and I wanted to share it with ya'll:

"Somewhere between the athlete I've become, the coaches that pushed me, the people who believed in me, the long hours of schooling, the dirt beneath my nails, the falls I've endured, the ribbons I didn't win, the tears I've cried and held back, and the horses I've given my heart to, is the little girl who fell in love with riding...and never looked back"

No comments:

Post a Comment