Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why I Paid a Small Fortune for My Halter

In response to my co-writers article Western Bling in the Show Ring Part I, I would like to say a little bit about the Billy Royal Fort Worth Show Halter. I actually bought this halter 5 years ago at a local tack store. At the time I spent $299.00 on it and it is now priced at $354.95, which is not to bad of a price increase considering its been 5 years. Even at $354.95, I believe this halter is worth every penny. Mine has not tarnished one bit and the leather has hardly aged at all. Mine is kept in a Saxon Show Halter Bag to keep dust off of it, but no serious measures have been taken to keep my halter in top condition. I could have easily bought a $100.00 halter ti start off with but it would have most likely broke or tarnished within a year or two, so I would have had to buy a new one. For anyone who competes in halter and showmanship regularly, I suggest taking a look at this beautifully detailed halter. It is worth every penny in my opinion.

*Shown to the left is my Paint Halter Mare with her Billy Fort Worth Halter on, after taking Champion in her Halter Class

No comments:

Post a Comment