Tuesday, November 16, 2010

College Life=No Horse Life

OK so I would like to rant for just a little bit today. My problem would be that every since I started college in August, I feel like I have become a horrible horse owner. Sure, I still feed, water, clean up after and occasionally hug my 3 horses, but I have maybe ridden a total of 20 times. 20 times may seem like a fair amount, for a month or maybe a month and a half. But it has been 3 months! That means I have ridden only every 3 and a half days, which means I have been riding each horse only every 1 and a half weeks! Ridiculous, I know, but I have some excuses. Below are some of the things I believe have led to my lack of riding:


  • Studying: This takes up all the spare time that I have outside of work and actual classes. If I'm not studying for Bio, I'm studying for Chemistry. Once I'm done with Chemistry its time to study for Bio again. Its a vicious cycle

  • Exams: All that studying at least goes to good use! I have had at least 1 exam a week since the 3rd week of school. Exams are usually in the evening so I can't ride the night of the exam because I end up studying after class, taking the exam and then its dark. Unless I want to ride with a head lamp on, I cant ride. (No, I have actually never tried riding with a head lamp)

  • Work:For those of you who don't live on earth actually and missed out on this small piece of information, College costs a lot of money. Which means that I work 6 days a week teaching young rider how to properly ride. This work consists of 3 one hour lessons a night on average, and usually quite a bit of a headache after all is said and done. Even though I work about 15 hours a week, I still am not expecting to pay off my tuition until about 2035.

  • Boyfriend: OK, I know this doesn't go along with college but this is one thing that takes some time. What can I say, my boyfriend plays the harmonica, which does nothing to contribute to his horse riding ability. Therefore, we don't ride horses too often together

What started this whole rant was the fact that I got a new horse today, ( :D )<----Happiness!, but I did not get to go pick it up. The reason why I couldn't help pick it up was I had a Chemistry test. I'm not even planning on being a chemist so why am I even in chemistry? Oh, that's right, because for business school you have to take 6 credit hours of science, in case I ever decide to mix potassium chloride and barium in my office at work in the future ( I do know that this mixture would form a percipitate, or at least I hope so because that's what I put on my test). Luckily my parents picked up the horse and all is well!

This concludes my rant. But for future reference, don't become a full time student and still expect to ride everyday. It won't happen unless you don't require sleep.

PS: I feel like this baby horse might be frustrated like I am. That, or its just mad it doesn't have teeth?

No comments:

Post a Comment