Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is Your Mama a Mare?


Well ya'll this is my final piece on is your mama a mare. I hope you all have enjoyed reading and learning about the birthing process from picking your stallion all the way to bringing your new foal into the world. I hope everyone realizes what a huge task it is to have your mare foal a baby, and careful consideration should go into the decision of weather or not to breed your mare. A new baby can make a great addition to your farm but the costs can really add up. Make sure you can afford proper veterinary care for your mare during the pregnancy to be sure there are no serious risks. After your foal is born it is your choice if you are going to keep it or sell it. Whatever decision you choice to make, I hope my tips have helped you in learning about how to properly deliver a healthy little colt or filly! Let me know if any of you out there have recently had any babies foaled!

No comments:

Post a Comment